Sunday 26 August 2018

Rockway Gardens Beauty PhotoWalking #2

As I walked through the gardens where there are two decorative water fountains, I saw more interesting views and knew that it was still quite a distance till I got to the east end of the gardens. There is a lot to see along the way.

This first photo is looking back to the water fountains.


There is a large round flowerbed ahead, and some oak trees overhead here.


Here is part of the round flowerbed. It had a different plant in each sixth of the flowerbed.

There are quite a few of these lamp poles in the gardens.



Here are some of the flowerbeds that are spaces throughout the gardens.




Some of the flowerbeds are at the base of trees.





You might be able to see the tracks my walker left in the wet grass. It had not rained but the grass was wet and I believe they have a sprinkler system that keeps the grounds looking so nice.








One of the flowerbeds had some multicoloured marigolds in it.


There were several bushes of this type of flower.





These snapdragons were hiding away in a corner that I almost missed them in.



By the time I got this far into the day the skies had cleared somewhat, and I was able to capture more colourful skies at times.


There were quite a few flowers like this but I have no idea what they are.






Some more trees and flowerbeds.





At the base of the flag poles these flowers are located.



Here are a few individual flower heads below the flags.









In the centre quadrant of this photo is a bench that I sat on and had some coffee. But first I took a number more photos around the area.






I happened to see the bench under these trees, but hesitated to go there due to the bugs that were around here.


This was a nicely shaded spot where I came back to for a cuppa. I had made a thermos of coffee before leaving home and enjoyed it in the beautiful spots along the way.

















As I was sitting and drinking my coffee I relaxed and watched the fountains and observed the beauty all around me.













Once I had some of the coffee drank, I got up and looked all around me and taking pictures.




Being careful to not spill the coffee, I headed off to the Eagle Bridge and just admired all the beauty that was around me.








There are some interesting rock formations around the edge of this particular pool.







The bench where I would later sit and rest for a few minutes, across the pool from where I had my coffee.








This particular spot was very colourful.
























As I was coming around to go down a path I'd seen earlier I met up with a young couple, and boldly asked if they would take a picture of me on the bridge.




I was happy that all the flags were flying for this photo.




This is the path that I was heading to when I met the couple who took my photo.



This red Zinnia caught my eye.


And I caught a bumble bee, or as I refer to them, bumbler in this flower.



More Rockway Garden scenery. It is too bad that the apartment buildings and businesses across King Street are not obscured by greenery or foliage of some sort.






I came across a few of these interestingly coloured plants. I do not recall seeing them or any like them before.



Here is the bench I spotted from the bridge earlier. It was perfect to sit on and relax in the shade.







There are a lot of these cement benches around the gardens.



Here is a plaque honouring the Kitchener Horticultural Society from 1966. And just behind it I spotted a shrub that had huge trumpet like flowers.



Looking back to the area where the Eagle Bridge is located.


And looking in the opposite direction I saw the Dorothy Elliott gazebo.



This is a closeup of the trumpet flowers.



The building with the green roof is the Horticultural building.


Another flowerbed with the gazebo behind it.


Another angle of the trumpet flower bush.


As I came around to go to the gazebo, I discovered the space immediately in my foreground with a bench in the shade.






Coming around the huge evergreens I am just beginning to spot the edge of the gazebo.



The bench closest to me is where I sat while I ate my lunch and got right out of the sun.


But first I went to talk to the gardeners that were working across the drive as I had a message for them. And of course, I did just have to take some more photos.





Once I was sitting in the gazebo, I took some photos around me, between bites and sips of coffee.






As I left the protection of the gazebo, I progressed toward the east end, approximately 1km from my starting point. There was so much beauty I was just enjoying my day out, and not finding it too hot to be out there.


I didn't sit on every bench I found, but it would be fun to take someone and do some photo shooting in the gardens.


In the distance, almost dead centre, is another water fountain.



Glancing back and seeing my tracks yet again.



There were some interesting trees, and shapes of trees in the gardens.




I keep getting closer to the fountain.


And just then I spotted another sign. The backside is blank, so I had to come around to get a photo.


When I got to the fountain, I found this plaque.



The last item on the one part of the gardens at the far end is this round flower bed.


Across Floral Crescent from where I had taken the last 519 photos, there are some Rose of Sharon and many other flowers and beauty yet to capture.










As I made my way up toward Preston Street, I found many more beautiful photos to take.






This flower bed with yellow Calla Lilies was so beautiful that I decided to end this part of my story right here, and will continue to ascend this slope and then descend it on the other side in my next visit.

So for now, I'll wish you all an enjoyable walk through the photos and I'll invite you along when I complete a wonderful, beauty-filled, selection of photos from a day I'm so glad I took and went PhotoWalking.

No comments:

Post a Comment