Saturday 10 November 2018

Autumn Gold PhotoWalk

On Wednesday afternoon it was cloudy and there was a high wind. It was also looking like it could rain at any moment, but I wanted to get out and capture some Autumn Gold before we got snow. I made sure I had my gloves in my coat pocket, dressed quite warm, put my rain poncho on and headed out with my camera gear and some beverage to keep me hydrated.

This was a leaf that I saw lying on the ground so I used it to make a first off photo for this collection of pictures.

The reds were really showing as I walked toward the back of the property.

A City Taxi arrived to pick someone up just as I was heading out for my PhotoWalk.

A lot of the trees have shed their leaves since I was out this way last, but that oak tree looks great with the evergreens behind it.

These oak leaves are on that other little tree I had in my first tree photo.

Heading out to the bug garden.

Oak leaves on that tree.


Looking up through the colour of that particular tree.






This is one plant that I wish they would get rid of all around the property. It is an allergy inducing plant and I'm glad we are now having snow.













I'm not sure what kind of berries these white ones are.








And there are a lot of leaves on the ground around the bench.


And here is more ragweed.









Looking into Idlewood Park from the path above.



The gazebo is partially hidden grasses and shrubs.




Still more golden rod.



I don't know what this red stuff is, but it added to the scenery and colour to a bleak day.

Some of the low plants also had some colour and I was able to capture them here.

More golden beauty.








The sky was getting heavily grey and I kept hoping that if it was going to rain I would be able to get to or even be in the gazebo. Although that would not have done a lot of good with the strong winds.



To the other side it was grey but not nearly as much as in the photo above.


I had never seen that flaming red along the fence-line before that I know of.






















There were many leaves on the ground, but some stuck out more and begged to have their picture grown.




A few closeups of the red bushes.




 Some maple leaves still hanging in the trees.


















By the time I got to this point on my way back home, my fingers were hurting from the cold. I was wearing gloves, but they weren't thick enough to keep my hands warm.





I didn't set this up. It was just like this and I had to take a shot of it.












A different view of the oak tree we saw earlier.


I'm getting closer to home here.


Looking up through the oak tree.




This tree on the right is the one I see out my window.



A while ago I had been out here before and there was a dead tree. The very next day I saw them taking it out in pieces. In this picture you can see the stump that was cut off almost at ground level of that tree.

The next few were taken above it at different angles.




The ground was covered here with colourful leaves.

And here.


And then I spotted this rose. It was hard to capture a picture of it, as the wind would not allow the branch to remain still. This was my best shot.

After taking that rose picture I turned and went in the door that is just off screen to my left.

Once inside, I got a neighbour to take a photo of me in my rain
poncho so I could show what I meant when I spoke about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment