Wednesday 3 April 2019

Sunday Noon Snow Walk

On Sunday, March 31st 2019 I decided to walk home from church, which is approximately 1 mile/1.6 km from my place. Over night we had a lot of snow and on my way to church I had observed a lot of beauty due to the trees loaded with a lot of snow. Knowing that I needed to capture some of that beauty I was praying during the service that the snow would still be on the trees when it was over.

When I came out of church I noticed that there was still a lot of beauty that I could only capture if I walked home. With the intention that if I came to areas where the snow would be impossible to navigate with my walker, I would call a cab and get a ride home. Most of the sidewalks were cleared, but in a few spots the snow was 4-6 inches deep. It made it a bit difficult at those spots. However, it was worth the struggle to come home with a lot of photos and so much beauty.

I took this photo when I was most of the way home in what is our bug garden in the summer time. I was getting quite cold from the wind and just kept going ahead.


This was taken while I was still on the parking lot at church.


The trees across from the church still had a lot of snow on them.


Once I was out on the sidewalk and heading toward home I knew that I had made the right decision, and that was to walk home.


As is evident, the sidewalk is clear here and I'm hoping it will be as good as this all the way home.


The evergreens looked quite tempting so I was not about to stop now.


This evergreen is in the playground area of Stanley's Day Care.



A closer picture of the evergreens I had seen earlier.



As I was approaching the corner of Bradley, I was debating which route I was going to take home. Their were possibilities of beauty either way.


After I had crossed River Road I looked down Bradley and saw impedance within a close distance from the corner so I decided to take the shorter route home. But first I took a photo down Bradley before turning and heading home.


I decided to take one more photo up River Road and...


... down River Road...

...And across River Road.


A bit further down River Road there is a fence backing onto the street and it even looked beautiful with the snow on it.





I kept taking shots across the street too as it was just as beautiful there, but not easily accessible to the path that I was on.




I kept walking a few feet or yards and looking to see if there was something new to see. Sure enough there was and I sat down for minute on my walker to capture this shot.


...While I was sitting I also took this shot as well.

The whole scenery had a beautiful wintery, or Christmasy appeal to me. And I love winter. It gives one so many options to take beautiful scenery shots.


As I approached this row of trees I had to take a photo and then get through underneath before the snow came down on me because of the wind and warmer air.



I took a couple more  photos before heading toward the spot that I go into the housing area to my right.



As I was under the trees and taking this photo some snow came down on me.




Up ahead you can see the entrance through the walkway to Autumn Place.



One more look back up River Road.



Then across River Road.


And down River Road.




This is the pathway to Autumn Place


I'm out almost at the circle of Autumn Place when I took the above and below shots.


After talking to one of the neighbours I turned and this was almost directly in front of me.



As I looked to my right I saw this beautiful sight. It is a view that I would not have seen if I was in a cab or getting a ride in a vehicle.
Heading ahead toward home the beauty is just fantastic.


 I kept hearing a cardinal and slowly approached the tree I thought it was in. In the tree in the next picture was where he was hiding and when I came under it he suddenly moved into another tree.
I was able to get s shot of him in the branches as he was not able to conceal himself in those branches, but because I had left my camera at home I could not get a close up of him. He only stayed there long enough for me to focus in and take one shot.



So I headed toward home. The sky keeps changing. The trees ahead have had the centres cut out so the hydro lines don't have to be moved, or the trees all taken down.





You can see that I have come along this stretch behind me and traversed through some deep snow.







It is so beautiful all around me.


















After having traversed the impedances on Rennie, I am now out at Kenneth Ave, and a few yards from the entrance to the complex I live in.


Now I'm on home ground and decided to get a couple of snap shots from behind the Home.





...And then I'm on the home stretch. It looks a bit different from other season photos I've taken here.








On my way to the gazebo.



A look back to see a lot of beauty there too.


I see that I wasn't the only one out here to capture the snow.













Looking into Idlewood bush.







The snow is piled across the path. Now I have to make a decision. Do I turn around and retrace quite a stretch of distance and go around, or work my way across the white area to the parking lot.


Once I was up on the parking lot, I took this photo of the gazebo area.


Down into Idlewood Park...



...And another angle of the gazebo.


The trees here were silhouetted against the building here.

Looking over toward home and deciding to go around the other building to my left.


Another angle of Idlewood Park.


Out the back and heading toward home.


Looking at the pile of snow from my side of things.













The evergreens with the home peeking through between them.


Back to where I started off this morning I decided to capture the tree that had a lot more snow on this morning. It still has quite a bit though.



Across the parking lot is the home and the trees between are still quite snowy. I am getting tired and also cold, so I'm going to head in where it is warm.




These next two pictures were taken through a window in the hallway on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment