Monday 1 July 2019

Reflections and Jack In The Pulpit

A few weeks ago I was at the church I attend and afterwards I decided to walk home. With the help of my trusty walker I travelled in areas I had never been before. It took me a total of three hours to make the trip, but I came home with almost 600 photos and super happy that I had yet again discovered a new area so close to home with such beauty that I want to visit it again.

Partway through my walk I found this lovely spot by taking a path not so prominent or groomed. It was worth going off the beaten path.



The sky was really beautiful with the clouds and the blue. These next few were taken along River Road.
















And then there are lilacs on my left along River Road.





Two more pictures along River before I turned onto Kenora.



As I was coming along Kenora I found these tulips in a flower bed. As I got closer to the flower bed I saw other flowers as well as the yellow tulips.









And then I turned onto the Dom Cardillo trail and headed toward the Idlewood Park Trail.


This is a view of the Dom Cardillo trail that heads over to Stanley Park Mall.


These beautiful lilacs were along the side of the trail.


Here one can see that there is a hill just ahead and I had no idea how steep it was.


Here you get the general idea.


I'm not sure what the white thing is up on the hill there, but it caught my eyes.




Once I was down on the lower level I saw that the trail turns and twists along the path just ahead.



This gives you an idea how steep the hill is I came down. I was glad I went down it rather than up.










By taking pictures as I went I made my way forward toward where I expected to find the Idlewood Park trail.





And then I came to this culvert that had some water coming from somewhere else.





There was a minor trail coming into Idlewood Park not far from that culvert and I decided to follow it to see what and where the water was that I had seen was going.





I was glad it was quite cool and the mosquitoes were not very active.











There were many spots along this creek or river where I was able to capture reflections.































And then I came out onto the trail I had originally intended to take. Taking the trail to the right I headed in the opposite direction that this picture was taken.


This is looking back down into the area where I had just come from.


This is where I headed.


Here is a pond that was also good for reflections and will be beautiful in the fall.









There are a lot of interesting stumps in Idlewood Park woods.






















More reflections.




















And then I saw a red car going by on River Road, just down the street from where I had headed off it.






The view up River Road from the entrance into Idlewood Park.



Some views down River Road.



The entrance on the south of River Road into Idlewood Park.








In the past I had been in this part of Idlewood Park numerous times and so I didn't take as many pictures on this part of the trail.




I love these pink flowers.




Wild strawberries were blooming in the grass.



There were more places along this trail that had reflections as I walked along.






























As I was walking along this path I remembered that I had seen Jack in the Pulpit along this trail so I started watching for them again.




And then I spotted the first one, and....











Some of them were close enough to the path that I was able to get in close enough to capture pictures of them closeup.






Reflections and Jack In The Pulpits were plentiful on this particular walk.





If I had been out there earlier in the spring I would have found a whole lot of fiddle heads.









































And then I was out on Kenneth Avenue just behind the property where home is.


Some flower to finish off my walk.





No comments:

Post a Comment