Sunday 21 October 2018

Another New Trail PhotoWalk

As a result of seeing some beautiful skies and sunshine on my way home from church last week, I decided to go for a photo walk. While I ate my lunch I decided where I would go and also how I would get there. The trail I went on did not have a bus that goes near it on Sunday, so I cabbed to the beginning of the trail and also home afterward. It was so worth the cost of a cab, that I would do it again.

The cabbie let me off at this parking lot at the Upper Village Market so I could catch the trail across Fairway Crescent at the corner of Tremaine Drive. The clouds were very prolific and beautiful against the blue sky.

Looking across Fairway Crescent I saw the beginning of the path that I was planning to use to head out toward the Fairway Road bridge.


There were pine and evergreen trees in and amongst the deciduous trees. One of the things I've found is that evergreens add to the colour in the fall of the year.


It was windy and here there is evidence of the wind on the tree on the right where you can see the underside of the leaves.


I used the evergreen on one side and the maple on the right side as a type of frame to the scenery and the beautiful clouds that are seen here.


Looking down the path toward the bridge, or so I thought. Google Maps is not infallible and I never found the link further along this side of Idlewood Creek that I saw on the map.


My plans had been to go as far as the Fairway Road bridge but along the way I found some beauty on my left side. To the right for most of the walk there were houses built close to the path.



Another angle of the Upper Village Market across an open space here at the corner.


The colours were very different than I had found elsewhere so far this fall and right here you can see some of it. There were vines hanging on some of the trees that had turned colourful this fall and added to the beauty of the scenery.


When ever I saw a side path that I could navigate with my walker, I did so.



The scenery was nice down this path as well, and I thank God that He inspired me to attempt to see what was to be seen there.






Looking back toward the groomed path that I had taken to find this spot, this is the view that I had.


I found the back side of the culvert that I had taken a photo of from Fairway Road mid-summer when I first went to the Fairway Road bridge by a different route.


Once I was back on the groomed path, I found it beautiful and inviting to continue to see what views were available for me there. One thing I did discover was that it is a very busy trail. A weekday would be a better time for a future visit to this trail.



This tree was interesting to see and it looks like it has someone leaning on it.


Looking back to where I had come from.


It looked interesting in there and I tried to decide if I should go down to that ledge to take some photos.


This is the other side of double tree. Quite an interesting concept.



I was wondering at this point if there was going to be any other colour than yellow, which is a fall colour but I wanted reds and orange as well.


I could tell that I should have been out on this trail a week to two before to get the colour that was down at my feet.




A gate into a back yard of one of the houses along the path had these pink flowers and I just had to capture them.









I saw beauty that was being obscured by the thick growth along the path and had no way to get in closer at this point.





I could hear water running but could not see it.








This bridge is also one that I had taken photos of in June, but from the other side of the bridge and the trail that is visible from the other side.


This is the trail that I will be following after a visit to the bridge.


I took some selfies of myself on the bridge.



I wanted to take symmetry pictures of the bridge siding and here are two shots of that.



It was much more colourful in the spring than now, but still worth the visit.








Even from this end and angle I could finally see some red in the distance and it seemed to be saying, just move this way.






One of the beauties of this trail was the the fact that at this time of day the sun was shining right on it when it was out from behind the clouds.



That is evident by the shadows in this next photo.


And then I saw a spot that had a set of steps down to the water I had heard before. The next batch of photos will be of my trip down close to the creek's edge.













There were some fallen leaves that were not so badly damaged and I took a shot of them.




There were a whole lot of leaves on the creek here.














































And as I came up from the steps and creek's edge I saw this beautiful scenery with the leaves around the opening into this area.


Then back to the trail and heading further from home, or at least as far as I knew.





The further along this path that I went, the more reds I was seeing. It was so much more gorgeous.


There is a large pond here that had ducks on it.







While I was there I heard a plane going overhead and was actually able to get a shot of it.









It was impressive how much red I saw on this trail, at least up to this point.






Another angle of the pond.


I decided to walk around the pond to get other angles of everything.




Another plane came roaring overhead and I managed to catch it with my camera.




I caught a number of mallards on the pond.











After I had taken those pictures of the mallards, I took off to get further along the trail before the end of the day.


A view of the pond from an elevated location.


The trees from here on were more orange and yellow with an occasional red mixed in. I was also waiting to find a spot where I could cross over to the trail that leads to the Fairway Road bridge.







At this point the valley down here is quite low and there is a fairly steep drop here.





Along here the houses were also backing up to the trail.














And then I noticed a red tree along the trail.







The trail was quite winding along this.




And quite colourful.



It appeared that I might be coming to the end of a trail here as there appeared to be pavement just ahead.












Looking back I saw some beautiful shades of autumn colours.



Once I came out onto the street I checked to see where I actually was. After confirming that I was where I presumed by this time I would be located, I proceeded to my left to find out what was all along here.







Just past the rock wall I found what appeared to be a private entrance and headed into the lane, keeping to the actual pavement.


I was a bit surprised at how much green was still inside the bush ahead, but the outside of it was coloured in all the autumn shades.



There is a bridge over a ravine right here and I crossed it after taking photos all along here.

















As I came across the bridge I saw more colour to my left.








































I have always loved a lot of different colours in the fall of the year and along the driveway this is what I found, plus a lot more.





















Then there was this cutie called Cosmo.







And then I was coming back to Sims Estate Drive and getting ready to go home.




Then I called a cab to go home and while I waited for it to come I took a couple of photos.





And here is a map of where I actually walked that day.


I have a few extra photos taken along the trail.


Even a selfie.




No comments:

Post a Comment