Saturday 13 October 2018

Road Trip to Georgian Bay Area

On Sunday, September 30th, 2018, my friend Jan and I loaded the car with provisions for a day trip to the Owen Sound/Georgian Bay area. Along the way we saw a lot of clouds and the forecast was for periods of rain that day. I took my rain cape with me to use in case of it raining. The trees along the way were starting to turn a few shades of fall colours. As Jan drove I had my camera out and took pictures of the colour along the way.

The pictures you will see here are from just south of Alma, up to, but not into Owen Sound. There are fields of corn, coloured leaves, farm buildings, creeks, and  so much more in these photos that you can enjoy with me. Much of the photography is what I call "drive-by" shooting. Some of the photos are slightly blurred, and some, like the first one here have hydro lines in the shots. As that is part and parcel of most of the route we took I am not going to alter them just to eliminate something that doesn't bother me half as much as some people. So join me on the first hour and forty minutes of our trip.

I love the colours of fall, and enjoyed the changing clouds of the day. There was a lot of shape-shifting going on in the clouds and they helped to add to the mystery of autumn.


There were a lot of cattle out in the fields and you will see more places in my story where they were close up to the fence and I was able to capture them quite well.

Because of the overcast skies it was a bit more difficult to fully appreciate the colour that was displayed in the bushes on the back end of the farms.


Here is a field of corn that looks as if it has been partially harvested already.


I love red and green barns. This one demanded that I take a picture of it. The drive-shed fit right in with the older style of the barn.



Because it was quite chilly that morning I took a lot of photos with the window closed, and you can see a reflection of the camera lens against the window.


Regardless of that, the colour was too good to not capture.







And of course where there are hydro lines, there are also hydro poles.














This looks like an old abandoned school that has been turned into a residence.














The corn on this farm has already been harvested.




















 





As we came over the crest of the hill into Varney, I saw this bright red tree and had to capture it.




And then I saw this gigantic red Muskoka chair and just had to capture it. It is a bit blurred.






We stopped at one point and while I was sitting in the car I spotted some colour along the street of this town. This first one was a beautiful mixture of yellows and greens.


Further down the street there were tints of green and red too.



 


There were a lot of birch trees along the way.








































































We passed a couple of cemeteries in our travels that day.
















 






















 
 


























So when I come back, I'll be going into Owen Sound Ontario and we'll see the harbour area and some interesting things around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment